The Youth Red Cross is the most important constituent of its mother organization, Indian Red Cross. It is a group movement organized at the initial stages for students between 18 and 25 years of age within the colleges. A qualified lecturer is recognized as the leader and he is called the Programme Officer. Under his guidance, the students are trained and encouraged to manage the affairs of the group, electing their own office-bearers. YRC in Veltech College was established in the academic year 2016-2017 as per the orders of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
Main Objectives of Youth Red Cross
- To inculcate in the Youth of our country.
- An awareness on the care of their own health and that of others.
- The understanding and acceptance of civic responsibilities and acting accordingly with humanitarian concern, to fulfill the same.
- To enable the growth and development of a spirit of service and sense of duty with dedication and devotion in the minds of youth.
- To foster better friendly relationship without any discrimination.
The mission of the Indian Red Cross is to inspire, encourage and initiate at all times, all forms of humanitarian activities so that human sufferings can be minimized and even prevented to create a peaceful environment.