PRADHAN MANTRI KAUSHAL VIKAS YOJANA
PMKVY and PMKVY-TI–
The National policy of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has projected a shortage of 109 million skilled persons by 2022 and called for an effort to step up skilling of youth under the scheme Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana(PMKVY). It is decided by the Ministry of Human Resources Development to train the unemployed youth in Engineering skills through AICTE approved Engineering Colleges/Polytechnics.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is implementing the PMKVY for Technical Institutes under the scheme (PMKVY-TI) through AICTE approved Technical Institutions in the country. Under this Scheme in next 3 years, 10.5 Lakh youth are to be given Engineering Skills.
Objectives of PMKVY-TI–
The main objective of the Scheme is to impart Engineering Skills for 10 Lakh youth in the next three years.
It aims at:
- Encourage the institutions for making the best use of available infrastructure of higher education system during off hours for skill training.
- Provide employable and certifiable skills based on National Occupational Standards (NOS) with necessary soft skills to the school dropouts who want to pursue/attain higher order skills and living in the vicinity of College.
- Provide for up-gradation and certification of traditional/acquired skills of the learners irrespective of their age.
- Provide opportunities for community-based life-long learning by offering courses of general interest to the community for personal development and interest.
- Offer bridge courses to certificate holder of general/ vocational education, so as to bring them at par with appropriate NSQF level.
- Provide entrepreneurial orientation along with required skills, trained for self-employment and entrepreneurship development and Post Placement support.
- M.Karthikeyan, HOD / EEE
Mobile: 91-9488068232 / 9940350326
Courses conducting at Vel Tech–
Vel Tech, a premier institution in Tiruvallur District is offering the following courses under PMKVY-TI Scheme.
|Sl.No||Sector||Course Name||NSQF Level||Highest Education||Total Intake|
|1.||Construction||Assistant Electrician||3||10th||25 Students|
|2.||Construction||Helper Electrician||2||10th||25 Students|
|3.||Electronics||Field Technician & Computer Peripherals||4||10th pass||25 Students|
|4.||Electronics||Solar Panel Installation Technician||4||10th pass||25 Students|
|5.||Electronics||LED Light Repair Technician||4||12th pass||25 Students|
|6.||Power||Electrician Domestic Solutions||3||8th||25 Students|
I. Admission Eligibility –
Any person may join the programmes as per the eligibility criteria. For admission to the programmes offered by the Institution, preference will be given to the learners living in the local community.
Reservation to SC, ST, OBC and PWD categories will be available as per the extant National/Statepolicy.
There shall be no age bar for admission under this scheme.
Admission may be done round the year, depending on the duration of the programmes, to facilitate a steady stream of learners joining the college and moving out as trained workforce to the job market.
The following applicants should get preference in admission
- Those Applicants seeking re-entry into the programme
- The School dropouts who want to pursue to attain higher order skills
- Those who are living in the vicinity of College.
Admission will not be given to students who have taken similar type of training from some other training organization.
The student data will be verified from the data of student’s undergone training under PMKVY, which is now being compiled by NSDC. This data is being integrated with National Labour Market Information System (NLMIS) by National Skill Development Agency (NSDA).
II. Assessment –
The Skill component of the course will be assessed by the respective Sector Skill Councils as per the norms which are prescribed by NSDA/ NSQF approved independent third party agency approved by NSDA.
III. Certification –
On successful completion of training, the certificate will be awarded by the respective Sector Skill Council OR certifying agencies approved by NSDA.
IV. Implementation –
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
National Skill Development Agency (NSDA)
National Skill Development Council (NSDC)
Sector SkillCouncils (SSC)